Relationship among teammates is a very important factor for the team to achieve its goal.The way a person views his relationship, and in turn, responds in various situations within the team defines his relationship with his teammates.
The nature of an individual’s relationship with his teammates is driven by the manner in which he views his relationship, and in turn, responds in various situations which may arise in a team.
Communities, educational organizations, as well as employers appreciate teamwork as an efficient skill. Working in a team involves contribution of ideas, listening and receiving feedback, communicating effectively and following or leading a group as per requirement. Skill development includes negotiation for development of purpose and goals, planning various tasks for the group, collaborating to get agreed results and finally reviewing and validating the results. One advantage of developing the skill of working together in a group is that you learn to utilize and accustom your skills according to different situations and contexts. In today’s scenario, there is a great demand for working together in teams and groups, in educational institutions as well as community in general. To work in a team means to communicate in an effective manner, share your thoughts, avail feedback and lead as required. In order to work well in groups one needs practical and personal skills.
•Working with others is a skill which needs:
1- Effective communication and body language
2- Thinking and strategizing
3- Collaborating and reviewing
4- Sharing, giving and receiving
More Courses by Insturctor
- Personal Context While Working With Others – Introspection sheet 00:00:00
- Personal Context While Working With Others – Summary 00:00:00
- The Johari Window: Relationship with Peers – Introspection sheet 00:00:00
- The Johari Window: Relationship with Peers – Summary 00:00:00
- Importance of building relationships– Summary 00:00:00
- An effective relationship – Introspection sheet 00:00:00
- Effective Relationship techniques – Introspection sheet 00:00:00
- Effective Relationship techniques – Summary 00:00:00