Channel management is a marketing management activity that involves handling the different streams employed by a company to sell its products or services. It can be defined as the set of strategies utilized by a company to administrate its different distribution channels.
A group of mutually supporting organisations which take part in the process of distribution of products and services or making them available to the end consumers for consumption may be together termed as a “Channel”.
Brainstorm on how the end consumers would be reached for the following companies:
- For a company that sells fruits and vegetables.
- For a company which manufactures computers.
- For a company that manufactures solar lanterns.
- For a social marketing company that sells contraceptives.
- Definition of ‘Channel’ – Introspection and Summary 00:00:00
- Purpose of ‘Channel’ – Summary sheet 00:00:00
- Need for a channel – Summary 00:00:00
- Types of Channel Partners – Summary 00:00:00
- Case 1 – Mandar Corporation 00:00:00
- Case 2 – Dare Bikes 00:00:00
- Case 3 – Queen Fisher Airlines 00:00:00
- Case Study Introspection 00:00:00
- Issues for Channel Conflict – Summary 00:00:00
- Resolving Conflicts – Summary 00:00:00
- Possible Solution 00:00:00