Tableau Visual Analystics (Intermediate) is a two-day, fast paced hands-on intermediate and beyond level Tableau course geared for experienced users who wish to expand their visual analysis toolbox, strengthen their analytical skills and gain a better understanding of visualization best practices.
The Visual Analytics course helps experienced Tableau users connect the science of data visualization to the principles of visual best practices. In this course you will learn about:
· Design visualizations to effectively leverage sensory and short-term memory.
· Design visualizations to inform viewers without misleading.
· Effectively use chart types to answer specific questions.
· Design dashboards and stories using visual best practices.
- Describe the visual analytics process and its advantages 00:00:00
- Analyze how memory is used to interpret visualizations 00:00:00
- Revise visualizations to reduce cognitive load 00:00:00
- Effectively use pre-attentive attributes in visualizations 00:00:00
- Identify ways to design visualizations so they inform without misleading 00:00:00
- Identify visual best practices for dashboard and story design 00:00:00
- Describe the process of designing a dashboard or story 00:00:00
- Create a dashboard or story using visual best practices 00:00:00