Introduction to Ansible | Automation with Ansible is a three-day, lab-intensive course geared for toward those responsible for automation of configuration management; consistent and repeatable application deployment; provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers; and (optionally) integration with DevOps CI/CD workflows.
This course is approximately 50% hands-on, combining expert lecture, real-world demonstrations and group discussions with machine-based practical labs and exercises. In this course you will learn about,
· Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine (optional – we can pre-install is as well if desired, depending on the audience)
· Deploy Ansible and Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
· Implement playbooks
· Write a simple Ansible playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
· Manage variables and facts
· Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
· Implement task control; Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible playbooks.
· Deploy files to managed hosts
· Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
· Manage large projects
· Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
· Simplify playbooks with roles
· Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
· Troubleshoot Ansible
· Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
· Automate Linux administration tasks
· Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.
- Overview of Architecture 00:00:00
- Overview of Deployments 00:00:00
- Inventory 00:00:00
- Installing 00:00:00
- Configuration Files 00:00:00
- Running Ad Hoc Commands 00:00:00
- Dynamic Inventory 00:00:00
- Writing YAML Files 00:00:00
- Modules 00:00:00
- Constructing Flow Control 00:00:00
- Handlers 00:00:00
- Tags 00:00:00
- Handling Errors 00:00:00
- Role Structure 00:00:00
- Creating Roles 00:00:00
- Deploying Roles with Ansible 00:00:00
- Galaxy 00:00:00
- Troubleshooting Playbooks 00:00:00
- Troubleshooting Managed Hosts 00:00:00
- Provisioning Vagrant Machines 00:00:00
- Deploying Vagrant in a DevOps Environment 00:00:00
- Deploying Docker in a DevOps Environment 00:00:00