Introduction to Tableau / Tableau Quickstart is a one day hands-on, quckstart to Tableau course geared for those new to using the tool, or for those who want a refresher of the basics or newer features.
March 3, 2021
Working in a light hands-on learning environment led by our expert facilitator, you will learn how to:
• Understand Tableau terminology
• Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
• Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations
• Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations
• Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
• Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
• Share your visualizations with others.
• Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
• Represent your data using the following visualization types:
• Cross tabs
• Heat maps
• Distribution charts
• Tree maps
• Pie charts and bar charts
• Dual axis and combo charts with different mark types
• Box plots
• Highlight tables
• Scatter plots
- Data Filtering 00:00:00
- Creating Date Filters 00:00:00
- Sorting 00:00:00
- Using Groups 00:00:00
- Creating and Using Hierarchies 00:00:00
- Working with Dates in Tableau 00:00:00
- Using Discrete Date Parts 00:00:00
- Defining a Fiscal Year 00:00:00
- Creating Custom Dates 00:00:00
- Creating Scatter Plots 00:00:00
- Using Sets 00:00:00
- Calculation Types 00:00:00
- Parts of a Calculated Field 00:00:00
- Options for Creating Calculated Fields 00:00:00
- Strings, Dates, and Type Conversion Functions 00:00:00
- Calculations and Aggregations 00:00:00
- Pie Charts and Parts of the Whole 00:00:00
- Creating Tree Maps 00:00:00
- Building Dashboards 00:00:00
- Dashboard Actions 00:00:00