Tableau Desktop Fundamentals is a two-day, hands-on course designed for users new to Tableau, who handle and work with data, regardless of their technical or analytical background.
March 3, 2021
This skills-focused course is approximately 50% hands-on, combining expert lecture, real-world demonstrations and group discussions with machine-based practical labs and exercises. In this course you will learn about:
• Connect to your data.
• Edit and save a data source.
• Understand Tableau terminology.
• Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
• Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
• Represent your data using the following visualization types: Cross Tabs, Geographic Maps, Heat Maps, Distribution Charts, Tree Maps, Pie Charts and Bar Charts, Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types, Box Plots, Highlight Tables, Scatter Plots
• Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
• Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations
• Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
• Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
• Share your visualizations with others.
• Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Tableau Desktop and the Tableau Product Line 00:00:00
- Application Terminology 00:00:00
- Visual Cues for Fields 00:00:00
- Getting Started in Tableau Desktop 00:00:00
- Elements of a Visualization 00:00:00
- Creating a Live Data Connection 00:00:00
- Saving and Editing a Data Source 00:00:00
- Metadata Grid 00:00:00
- Understanding Changes to Data 00:00:00
- Data Connection Options 00:00:00
- Sharing Options 00:00:00
- Data Filtering 00:00:00
- Creating Date Filters 00:00:00
- Sorting 00:00:00
- Working with Dates in Tableau 00:00:00
- Using Discrete Date Parts 00:00:00
- Defining a Fiscal Year 00:00:00
- Creating Custom Dates 00:00:00
- Creating Scatter Plots 00:00:00
- Using Sets 00:00:00
- Creating Heat Maps 00:00:00
- Creating Crosstabs 00:00:00
- Creating Highlight Tables 00:00:00
- Grand Totals, Sub-Totals, and Changing Aggregation 00:00:00
- Using Quick Table Calculations 00:00:00
- Bins and Histograms 00:00:00
- Box and Whisker Plots 00:00:00
- Building Dashboards 00:00:00
- Dashboard Actions 00:00:00