JUnit 5 and EasyMock make it possible to write higher-quality Java code. These powerful tools are designed to support robust, predictable and automated testing development in the Java enterprise application arena.
This skills-centric course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train you the core unit testing skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. In this course you will learn about:
· Understand what unit testing is and what it is not intended to cover
· Understand JUnit 5.
· Understand and use the JUnit Test Runner interface.
· Use JUnit to drive the implementation of Java code.
· Test applications using native IDEsupport.
· Best practices and patterns for unit testing.
· Understand JUnit’s strengths and weaknesses
· Understand the role of debugging when done in conjunction with tests.
· Understand not only the fundamentals of the TDD using Java, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses.
· Understand how JUnit affects your perspective on development and increases your focus on a task.
· Learn good JUnit coding style.
· Create well-structured JUnit programs.
· Understand how JUnit testing can be used for either state-based or interaction-based testing.
· How to extend testing with mock objects using Mockito.
· Look at refactoring techniques available to make code as reusable/robust as possible.
· Discuss various testing techniques.
- Unit Testing Fundamentals 00:00:00
- Jumpstart: JUnit 5.x 00:00:00
- Annotations 00:00:00
- Hamcrest 00:00:00
- Parameterized Tests 00:00:00
- Advanced Features 00:00:00
- JUnit Best Practices 00:00:00
- Mocking of Components 00:00:00
- Mock Objects and Mockito 00:00:00
- Improving Code Quality Through Refactoring 00:00:00
- Adding Testing to the Build Process 00:00:00